Whether you're looking to reduce your oil intake, or just love any excuse to use your air fryer, this recipe is simple and fun to make. Serve with French fries and your favorite dipping sauces. We also love to prepare air fried Banana Blossom seasoned with cumin, garlic powder, and smoked paprika and serve it with a side of Massaman Curry.
- 1 Package Upton’s Naturals Banana Blossom
- lemon juice
- sprinkle of kelp granules
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin*
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika*
- Black pepper
- Optional: ½ tsp – 1 tsp kelp granules
- ¾ - 1 cup of water
*Recommended if serving with Massaman Curry, but can omit otherwise.
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups of preferred bread crumbs (panko, gluten free, etc.)
- Optional: An additional sprinkle of salt and/or kelp granules for extra flavor in the breading
2. In a bowl large enough to dip each blossom into, mix together all of the wet batter ingredients except the water.
3. Add water a little at a time, stirring. The batter should be smooth and creamy, but not watery.
4. Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl.
5. Dip each blossom first in the wet batter, then press into the bread crumbs taking care to coat both sides.
6. Cook in the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through, depending on your model of fryer.
7. Serve while hot!